Legal clinic existing at Law Faculty of International Black Sea University aims to:
- Realize practical component envisaged in the faculty’s educational programs;
- Strengthen received theoretical knowledge and develop capability of using this knowledge in practice;
- Forming students’ professional skills and testing them in real and mock environments;
- Deepening the capability to solve practical tasks;
- Checking students’ preparedness in therms of contemporary requirements for group and individual work.
Legal clinic provides consultations to real clients. The clinic is lead by practicing attorneys and through helping students and engaging in the process, they provide free legal consultation to students. To achieve its goals, the clinic actively cooperates with different educational institutions, governmental bodies and private organizations. Practical component is designated to prepare BA, as well as MA students.
Activities are mostly conducted in the following directions: students gain, sort and assess information and keep it to use in necessity; Attend and hold meetings with the clients, consult them; Prepare case summaries, necessary documents for court proceedings, assist an attorney and in some cases, represent clients; participate in moot courts.
The clinic cooperates with Court Practice Research Institute existing at the faculty and one of the aspects of students’ engagement includes collecting and processing empirical material.
Hotline: +995 32 259 50 07
Working hours: 09:00-17:00, excluding weekends.